1 Maggio 2015
Inside the secretive cult where birthdays, Christmas and contraception are BANNED… and survivors claim some believe 13-year-old girls are ‘ready to have babies’
- Gloriavale is a Christian sect of around 500 New Zealanders
- All residents wears blue uniforms and there is no birth control
- Closed off from the outside world, it has come under scrutiny recently
- Several former members have come forward with abuse, bullying allegations
- The incidents were rare but several have occurred
- One former member tells Daily Mail Australia female victims cop the blame
- ‘They’re called s***s and w****s,’ she said
- ‘Some think 13 year old girls are ready to have babies’, another told stuff.co.nz
As police step up their inquiries into a secretive Christian community following abuse allegations, former members have told of a culture of victim-blaming.
Gloriavale, a New Zealand settlement of around 500 where everyone follows a strict New Testament creed and wears blue uniforms, has come under increasing scrutiny in recent weeks.
Several ex-members have come forward, telling stories of sexual abuse, violence and bullying – sometimes involving underage girls…
CONTINUA LA LETTURA DELL’ARTICOLO QUI: